Tuesday, January 15, 2013

"OH THAT I WERE AN ANGEL"

Our children will be coming to Africa and we will be unable to attend to teaching the people of the Nandi Village for a few weeks.  I pray the spirit will bless their hearts with a longing to hear  about the gospel.  May they miss the spirit that attended the missionary discussions.  We feel a little bit like Alma as he said, "O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God... but I do sin in my wish; for I ought to be content with the things which the Lord hath allotted unto me."  May the Reverend soften, may we meet the Reverend again and talk, may I have the opportunity to sing again with the children and teach them primary songs.  May the goodness of Phillip again come unto his friends and the villagers, and the AIC congregation’s heart.  May they thirst for the teachings of the spirit and may we, if the Lord wants us to again have the opportunity to be an instrument in teaching his gospel to the Nandi village. 



No comments: