Monday, April 9, 2012

THE "RUNNING" RIFT VALLEY

Check out the web link below! We've been to Iten a number of times and the Kapsaret School is smack in the middle of the "running" Rift Valley. It is true about the children of the Rift Valley, they milk cows before school, fetch water, run to school, run home for lunch, run back to school , run home from school, fetch water again, and tend to the cows at night! These children are well behaved, beautiful, and have the greatest smiles I've ever seen.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/apr/08/kenyas-marathon-men?newsfeed=true



1 comment:

FrugalProfessor said...

Thanks for sharing!!! This is Brian Baugh from Columbus OH. I found out about your blog recently and have read every article. I love hearing about your adventures.

I have never seen Bruce happier than I have in the pictures on your blog. What an amazing opportunity that you have to associate with an incredible people. I bet Bruce misses the cubicle life of Boeing every day!!

The article that you linked to was great. Rather than whine about how school is for me, I'd be much better off adopting the Kenyan work ethic and studying harder with the end goal in mind.

Take care and keep up the blogging!
Brian